Word Problems Sherlock Holmes Math Escape Room & Webscape™ – 5th Grade
⭐ This 5th grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of super sleuth enthusiasts! Students navigate their way through “The Case of the Missing Stamp Collector” by completing challenges to uncover the crime. To solve the mystery, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice word problems using decimals and multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting fractions. Students add their answers to the Detective Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students earn items used for each step on their way to solving this crime. This resource is a great engaging and low-prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Detective Decoding Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Detective Decoding Tool and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a Sherlock Holmes themed storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing several standards-based mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Mystery themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of solving word problems using decimals and multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting fractions. Aligned to 5. NF.A.2, 5.NF.B.6, 5.NF.B.7.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep. Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
5th Grade Sherlock Holmes Math Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Detective Mission Letter
- Challenge #1: Word problems with decimals to find the crooked picture frame
- Challenge #2: Multiplying fractions problems to find the mop
- Challenge #3: Dividing fractions problems to find the key
- Challenge #4: Adding and Subtracting fractions problems to find the letter
- Sherlock Holmes Solved Case Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade versions, but with problems and skills at a 5th grade level.
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 5th
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 4th & 5th
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 4th & 5th
There are no reviews yet.