Compare Multiple Accounts in Nonfiction Skill Pack – 5th Grade
⭐ This comprehensive skill pack bundle contains everything you need for teaching, developing, and reinforcing 5th grade Compare and Contrast Multiple Accounts in Nonfiction Skills. Featuring a combination of resources, including Lexile® leveled guided reading packets, digital mini-lessons, skill-based Core Comprehension™ close reading passage & question sets, task cards, Boom Cards, and comprehensive lesson plans, this Skill Pack has everything you need for your students to master this skill. All resources come in printable and digital formats for effective classroom and distance learning.
⭐️This resource is aligned with RI.5.6 and covers comparing and contrasting multiple accounts of the same event. If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each guided reading story & comprehension passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Levels vary across the 5th Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Flexible Format Options – All resources come in digital and printable versions – making them flexible for classroom and distance learning. The Guided Readers can be accessed as online readers, printable readers, printable passages, and Google Slides. Core Comprehension passages include both printable PDF and Google Slides versions. Task cards include both printable PDF and digital Boom Card™ formats.
✏️Comprehensive – Stories, passages, and task cards are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and skill focused questions make this resource great for lesson modeling, small groups, guided reading, practice, centers, and more!
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold guided practice, independent work, and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with high-quality custom illustrations designed to engage students.
Skill Focused Lesson Plans
- Two weeks of lesson plans built around proven teaching strategies using the resources included in this Skill Pack.
- Google Slides format makes this resource flexible for any classroom or distance learning need.
- Five skill focused mini-lessons with engaging video lessons and links to integrated YouTube mentor text read alouds.
- Skill focused interactive anchor charts, questions, and activities allow students to learn each important skill.
- Teachers can use this as a presentation for their mini lessons in school or virtually.
- This resource can also be used as self-guided lessons for virtual learning.
Guided Reading Packet (Digital & Printable)
- Skill focused guided reader differentiated on three levels.
- Professionally Lexile leveled original text.
- Printable PDF, digital reader, printable booklet, and Google Slides versions make this perfect for any classroom or distance learning need.
- Includes integrated reading fluency checks, small group plans, comprehension questions, and skill-focused graphic organizers.
Core Comprehension Passages & Questions (Digital & Printable)
- Lexile® leveled reading comprehension passages and skill-focused question sets.
- Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
- Printable PDF & Digital Google Slides versions make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning.
- Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and skill-focused test passages.
- Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the fifth grade bands.
Task Cards (Digital & Printable)
- Set of 30 task cards with short passages and standard aligned multiple choice questions.
- Printable & Boom Card formats included.
- Perfect for centers, scavenger hunt, scoot, games, whole class practice, exit tickets, and more!
Already Own Resources?
If you already own some of these resources, you can add the remaining resources individually by clicking on the links below to add them to your cart.