Opinion Writing Bundle – 4th & 5th Grade
⭐This bundle includes everything your 4th and 5th graders need to master opinion writing. Aligned to CCSS W.4.1 & W.5.1, this bundle contains an opinion writing interactive notebook resource and opinion writing passages and prompts resource.
✏️Anchor Charts: Each step in the writing process has its own anchor chart.
✏️Graphic Organizers: Organizers are perfect for helping students plan and draft their writing.
✏️ Mini Rubrics: Students can use these as a self-assessment throughout the entire writing process.
✏️ Stationary and Printable Books: Make this resource fun, engaging, and educational.
✏️ Lexile Leveled Passages: Writing prompts are professionally Lexile leveled and fall within the 4th & 5th grade text complexity band to ensure consistency and grade level rigor.
✏️ Flexible Formats: Printable and digital versions are perfect for in-person and remote learning. Google Slides version is compatible with Google Classroom and can be downloaded in PowerPoint to integrate with Microsoft Teams.
★Stephanie M. said, “I love that these sources were beyond challenging for my students. The vocabulary used in the text helped to spice up their own writing! I was able to use this tool for model and partner writing. It helped to reinforce our planning schools because the sources were filled with tons of information. I hope this seller creates more of an informational writing tools!”
★Ms. O. said, “I love that this resource many different topics with a wide range of sources. The prompts and topics are engaging and allow for meaningful practice in the classroom. Thank you!”
★Laura S. said, “Students love reading these passages! I love the writing that comes out of them!”
Opinion Writing Unit with Google Slides
1. Lesson 1: Brainstorming
2. Lesson 2: Planning
3. Lesson 3: Opinion Introduction
4. Lesson 4: Reason Paragraphs
5. Lesson 5: Conclusion
6. Lesson 6: Rough Draft
7. Lesson 7: Revising and Editing
8. Lesson 8: Polished Piece
Opinion Writing Passages & Prompts with Google Slides
1. Passage & Prompt Set 1: The Organic Debate
- Source 1: Understanding the “Organic” Label: 890L
- Source 2: Eat Organic: 800L
- Source 3: The Organic Myth: 1020L
2. Passage & Prompt Set 2: Aquariums
- Source 1: Bringing the Ocean to Humans: 970L
- Source 2: The Dark Side of Aquariums: 780L
3. Passage & Prompt Set 3: Technology
- Source 1: The Dangers of Technoference: 910L
- Source 2: Connection at Your Fingertips: 780L
- Source 3: The Convenience of Smartphones: 860L
- Source 4: A Disconnected Generation: 1000L
4. Passage & Prompt Set 3: Immigration
- Source 1: Immigration Laws Should Be Stricter: 860L
- Source 2: Allow More Immigrants into the United States: 850L
5. Passage & Prompt Set 3: Animal Testing
- Source 1: The Benefits of Animal Testing: 1010L
- Source 2: The Harmful Side of Animal Testing: 960L
6. Standards-Based Scoring Rubric
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.