8th Grade Reading Comprehension MEGA Bundle
⭐️ If you’re looking for consistent and effective Lexile leveled reading passage units for 8th grade with anchor charts and skill focused question sets, this is the year-long reading bundle for you! This is a GROWING bundle, which means you only pay for the resources that are completed but will have access to the entire bundle as the units are finished. Units are being added quickly, so the faster you buy, the more you save! With this bundle, you’ll have everything you need to model, teach, and practice key 8th grade fiction and nonfiction reading skills. Each unit is aligned to a specific skill, and the completed bundle will cover every 8th grade reading comprehension standard. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 8th Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
8th grade Reading Comprehension Growing MEGA Bundle will include (once completed):
- 17 units covering all fiction and nonfiction standards
- Anchor Chart and Sample Passage to Teach the Skill
- 10 Reading Comprehension Passages Per Unit
- 2 Assessment Passages Per unit
- Each Passages is Lexile Certified in the 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range is 925L to 1185L).
- Standards-based Reading Comprehension Questions For Each Passage
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard-based question sets, and a corresponding standards-based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilize the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- Inferences & Explicit Analysis – RI.7.1 | RI.8.1
- Central Idea – RI.7.2 | RI.8.2
- Meaning of Words and Phrases in Nonfiction – RI 7.4 | 8.4
- Explicit Analysis and Inferencing – RL 7.1 | 8.1
- Theme & Central Idea – RL.7.2 | RL.8.2
- The Impact of Dialogue & Incidents – RL.8.3
- Analyze Meaning of Words and Phrases in Fiction – RL 7.4 | 8.4
- Analyzing Point of Views – RL.8.6
- Compare & Contrast Text Structure – RL 8.5
- Analyze Connections Between Fiction & Traditional Literature – RL 8.9
- Analyze Connections in a Text – RI 8.3
- Analyze Text Structure – RI 7.5 | 8.5
- Determine Author’s Point of View & Purpose – RI 7.6 | 8.6
- Evaluate Arguments and Specific Claims in a Text – RI 7.8 | 8.8
- Analyze Multiple & Conflicting Views – RI 7.9 |8.9
- Analyze Book & Film Adaptations – RL 8.7
- Evaluate Different Mediums – RI 8.7
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.