Author’s Purpose – 4th & 5th – ELA.4.R.2.3 / 5.R.2.3
⭐️These Lexile® leveled close reading stories are perfect for teaching 4th & 5th grade students the author’s purpose & perspective. This packet is designed to specifically fit 4th & 5th grade Florida B.E.S.T standard ELA.4.R.2.3 & 5.R.2.3 but can be used by anyone teaching author’s purpose & perspective.
⭐️Includes Lexile leveled passages, standard based questions, anchor charts, and hands-on cut-and-paste visuals to help students master this skill.
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- How to Teach Forming Opinions
- Forming Opinions Anchor Chart
- Understanding Viewpoints Graphic Organizer
- Forming Opinions Bookmark
- A Tarnished Legacy – 880L / The Unlucky Team – 720L
- Plastic Bags Should Be Banned – 890L / Plastic Bags Aren’t to Blame – 850L
- Social Media is Hurting Society – 930L / Social Media Increases Social Interaction – 940L
- Eating Meat Hurts the Environment – 910L / Eating Meat is No Worse than Veggies – 920L
- Self-Driving Cars Are Genius! – 930L / Dangerous Driverless Cars – 960L
- Students Should Be Taught Cursive – 940L / No More Cursive – 970L
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Skatepark – 950L / Not So Stoked About Skateparks – 980L
- My Viewpoint Prompt and Stationery
•1 page of multiple choice and short response questions
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
There are no reviews yet.