⭐️These Lexile® leveled close reading stories are perfect for teaching students how to summarize fiction. Summarizing is a brief account of the major events in a story. This packet is designed to specifically fit 3rd grade Florida B.E.S.T standard ELA.3.R.3.2 but can be used by anyone teaching summarize fiction.
⭐️Includes Lexile leveled passages, standard based questions, anchor charts, and hands-on cut-and-paste visuals to help students master this skill.
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- What is the difference between summarizing and retelling?
- Summarize Visual
- Summary Rope
- Summarize Stories Graphic Organizer
- Summarize Stories Stationary
- Mentor Text – Winnie the Pooh, Chapter 1
- Night Concerts – 430L
- Lucky Lucas- 490L
- The First Princess Quest – 540L
- Sandcastle Prize- 560L
- The Basement Noise – 640L
- Record Setters – 660L
- The Goat Fence – 660L
- Eight Is Great- 670L
- Camping Cub- 680L
- The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing – 690L
- The Fox and the Leopard – 720L
- Football Feet- 740L
- 1 page of multiple choice, short response, and sequence questions
- 1 page with cut-and-paste picture cards and written retelling