2nd-3rd Grade Florida BEST Standards Reading Comprehension Bundle
⭐️If you’re looking for consistent and effective reading passage units that fit the new Florida BEST standards, this is the year long reading bundle for you! Each skill focused unit contains Lexile leveled passages, anchor charts, and question sets – so you’ll have everything you need to model, teach, and practice key 2nd & 3rd grade reading skills. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 2nd & 3rd Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band.
⭐️Includes anchor charts, guided practice, many Lexile leveled passages, and assessments for every standard.
*Please Note: Many of these passages are also used in my Common Core Comprehension Units. If you previously purchased the 2nd Grade or 3rd Grade Reading Comprehension Mega Bundle, you can redownload the mega bundle and follow the instructions in the bonus file to avoid being charged for similar content.
*Also Note: This bundle contains both 2nd & 3rd grade resources. Some of the individual resources combine 2nd & 3rd grade standards while others are separate. The bundle price is adjusted so that you will not pay for both 2nd & 3rd grade units separately when purchasing the bundle.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 2nd & 3rd grade Text Complexity Band (the range for second & third grade is 420L – 820L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- ELA.2.R.1.1 Plot Structure
- ELA.3.R.1.1 Character Development
- ELA.2.R.1.2/ ELA.3.R.1.2 Theme
- ELA.2.R.1.3/ ELA.3.R.1.3 Character Perspective
- ELA.2.R.1.4 Rhyme Schemes
- ELA.3.R.1.4 Types of Poems
- ELA.2.V.1.3/ 3.V.1.3 Context Clues Fiction
- ELA.2.V.1.3/ 3.V.1.3 Context Clues Nonfiction
- ELA.2.R.3.2 Retell Fiction
- ELA.3.R.3.2 Summarize Fiction
- ELA.2.R.3.2 Retell Nonfiction
- ELA.2.R.3.3/ 3.R.3.3 Compare and Contrast Fiction
- ELA.2.R.3.3/ 3.R.3.3 Compare and Contrast Nonfiction
- ELA.2.R.3.1 Identify and explain similes, idioms, and alliteration in text(s).
- ELA.3.R.3.1 Identify and explain metaphors, personification, and hyperbole in text(s).
- ELA.2.R.2.1 / 3.R.2.1 Text Features
- ELA.3.R.2.1 Text Structure
- ELA.2.R.2.2 / 3.R.2.2 Central Idea and Details
- ELA.2.R.2.3 / 3.R.2.3 Author’s Purpose in Informational
- ELA.2.R.2.4 / 3.R.2.4 Author’s Opinion and Reasons
- ELA.3.R.3.2 – Summarize Nonfiction
*Please Note: Many of these passages are also used in my Common Core Comprehension Units. If you previously purchased this bundle, contact me for a discount before purchasing this bundle.
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.