Compare & Contrast 2nd & 3rd – ELA.2.R.3.3/3.R.3.3
⭐️These Lexile® leveled close reading stories are perfect for teaching 2nd & 3rd grade students compare & contrast in nonfiction by analyzing two or more texts and determine similarities and differences. This packet is designed to specifically fit 2nd & 3rd grade Florida B.E.S.T standard ELA.2.R.3.3 & 3.R.3.3 but can be used by anyone teaching compare & contrast in nonfiction.
⭐️Includes Lexile leveled passages, standard based questions, anchor charts, and hands-on cut-and-paste visuals to help students master this skill.
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original stories with custom illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
1. Compare/ Contrast Anchor Chart
2. Compare/ Contrast Mentor Text and Graphic Organizer
3. Paired Passage Articles
- What to Pack for a Camping Trip- 730L/ Camping at Yellowstone National Park- 620L
- Alexandra Scott’s Mission- 780L/ Alex’s Lemonade Stand- 670L
- Abraham Lincoln: 16th President- 790L/ The Most Influential Presidents in U.S. History- 680L
- Walt Disney’s Career- 760L/ Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Magic- 790L
- The Tropical Rainforest- 770L/ Cats in the Tropical Rainforest- 560L
- African-American Civil Rights Movement- 810L/ Segregation During the Civil Rights Movement- 820L
4. Compare & Contrast Test
- Fresh Food Is Fuel- 760L/ Healthy Kids Are Happy Kids- 700L
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
There are no reviews yet.