⭐️Teach parts of speech: collective nouns with this Google Slides resource. Students will learn about collective nouns through anchor charts, videos, songs, and read aloud and apply their learning through interactive slides.
⭐️Integrates a variety of media formats and interactive movable pieces. Different types of questions and activities will help solidify this concept through visual, auditory, and creative activities. This unit focuses on identifying and using parts of speech: collective nouns.
⭐️Perfect for whole-class introduction or distance learning lessons.
*Please note: This resource includes YouTube videos, so ensure you and your students have access to YouTube before purchasing.
✏️Google Slides Format – This interactive format is perfect for distance learning. Slides are interactive and can be used as a fun and engaging exercise within the classroom or remotely. Easily converts to PowerPoint for Microsoft Teams.
✏️Engaging Interactive Activities – Videos, songs, movable pieces
✏️Extension Activity – Teach your students more about the use of collective nouns in literature through a read-aloud.
1. Time for a Song
2. Collective Nouns Anchor Charts (4 slides)
- Groups of People
- Groups of Animals
- Groups of Things
3. Identify Collective Nouns
4. Follow the Collective Nouns
5. Match Collective Nouns (2 slides)
6. Find the Collective Nouns (2 slides)
7. Make a Collective Noun (2 slides)
8. Read Aloud Extension – “Herd of Cows! Flock of Sheep!” by Rick Walton (2 slides)
9. Match Collective Nouns (2 slides)
10. Find the Collective Nouns (2 slides)
11. Make a Collective Noun (3 slides)
- In the Classroom
- On the Farm
- In the City
12. Collective Nouns Crossword Puzzle
13. Silly Story (2 slides)
14. Read Aloud Extension – “There is a Tribe of Kids” by Lane Smith (2 slides)