Analyze Connections in a Text – RI.8.3
⭐️These 12 printable Lexile® leveled passages are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing 8th grade RI.8.3 skills. Analyze how a text makes connections among and distinctions between individuals, ideas, or events (e.g., through comparisons, analogies, or categories).
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching how to analyze connections in a text.
⭐️Includes standard based questions, anchor charts, and two skills focused test passages. Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied within the seventh grade and eighth grade text complexity band.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 7th & 8th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
- Analyze Connections in a Text Anchor Chart
- Analyze Connections in a Text Practice Work
- Why You Should Cook at Home (980L)
- Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations (1020L)
- Poetry and Rap Music (1030L)
- DC Comics Versus Marvel Comics (1050L)
- Is Being an Only Child Better Than Having Siblings? (1080L)
- What’s Next: Solar Panels or Wind Turbines? (1090L)
- A Tale of Two Sports (1110L)
- Should You Skip the Shoes? (1110L)
- College or Working Full Time? (1160L)
- Getting Around (1170L)
- Hop Online or Into a Store? (980L)
- Intrinsic Motivation Versus Extrinsic Motivation (1170L)