Compare & Contrast Author Presentation – RI.6.9
⭐️These 12 digital and printable Lexile® leveled passages aligned to RI.6.9 are perfect for teaching, developing, or reinforcing 6th grade compare and contrast skills. Google slides version is perfect for Google Classroom integration and distance learning. Sixth graders learn to compare and contrast one author’s presentation of events with that of another.
⭐️Includes standards-based questions, anchor charts, and two skills-focused test passages. Certified Lexile measured close reading comprehension texts are varied across the CCSS sixth grade band.
⭐️If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching 6th grade compare and contrast skills. Conforms with many state-specific standards.
⭐️This printable and digital resource is compatible with Google Drive and Google Slides.
*This digital version saves paper and is perfect for distance learning, but still requires teachers to correct student responses.
✏️Lexile Levels – Each passage contains a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 6th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for sixth through eighth grade is 925L to 1185L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – The color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages and question sets are standard-based and are perfect for comprehensive test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard-based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains original passages with high-quality images designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
★ Stephanie S. said “This is a great resource and easy to use to help teach compare and contrast. The articles are the perfect length to read, annotate, and quiz.”
★ Rebecca R. said, “Used this in my weekly review packets. A great resource.”
1. Compare and Contrast Author Presentation Journal Pages / Anchor Chart
2. Compare and Contrast Practice Passages & Question Sets
- Perceptions about the Titanic Disaster
- Passenger Declares Wreck Due to Carelessness- 970L
- Who Was to Blame for the Titanic Disaster?- 1090L
- Protesting the National Anthem- 1070L
- Two Perspectives on the Siege of Vicksburg
- Passage 1: William G. Christie- 1120L
- Passage 2: Douglas J. Cater- 1120L
- Transition of Power- 1110L
- Perspectives on the Invasion of Normandy
- My Day Column for June 6, 1944 Eleanor Roosevelt- 1100L
- Remarks by President Obama at the 70th Anniversary of D-Day- 1110L
- California Gold Rush
- Passage 1: Another Official Account of the Gold Region- 1380L
- Passage 2: The Discovery of Gold in California- 1070L
4. Compare and Contrast Author Presentation Test Passages & Question Sets
- Remembering Edith Wilson
- The First Female President of the United States- 1060L
- Mrs. Wilson Finds Real Happiness in Nursing President to Health- 1030L
See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
Compare & Contrast Genres – 6th Grade RL.6.9 – Print & Google Distance Learning
6th Grade Reading Comprehension GROWING MEGA Bundle – Google Distance Learning
Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Bundle – 6th Grade – Printable & Digital
Similar units are available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade:
Compare & Contrast Two Texts – 1st Grade RI.1.9 Printable & Digital Google Slides Distance Learning
Compare & Contrast Informational Texts on the Same Topic – 2nd RI.2.9 3rd RI.3.9
Integrate Info from Multiple Texts – RI.4.9 & RI.5.9 – Google Distance Learning
There are no reviews yet.