Help Cupid Valentine’s Day Poetry Escape Room & Webscape™ – 2nd & 3rd Grade
⭐ What better time to explore poetry than Valentine’s Day? This 2nd and 3rd grade Help Cupid Poetry Escape Room & Webscape™ gets students engaged in practicing key poetry skills while they solve challenges to help cupid spread love and kindness. In this reading escape room, students are asked to complete four unique challenges. Each challenge requires students to read passages and answer a variety of reading skill focused multiple-choice questions. Students use the Cupid Decoder Tool to unlock the secret code and complete each challenge. Challenges are fun and relevant to the overall story. Upon completing challenges, students follow the story by watching custom videos created specifically for this activity. Students and teachers love this activity, and it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
⭐ This poetry escape room comes in two digital formats and one print format.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based digital format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self-directed, self-correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Cupid Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Cupid Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing and reviewing poetry skills.
*Please note: The Google Slides format includes embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. The printable version includes QR codes for these videos. If you plan on using Google or printable formats, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The Webscape version does not require YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital versions can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each poetry related question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important poetry skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Help Cupid Poetry Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- Valentine Themed Story
- Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser-Based Experience
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 4th and 5th grade version but with passages and questions on a 2nd and 3rd grade level.