Fractions & Partitioning Shapes Escape Room – 3rd Grade
⭐ This 3rd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of candy enthusiasts! Students practice partitioning shapes and identifying factions as they navigate their way through a candy factory. Students complete challenges to help create delicious creations and become candy connoisseurs. To earn the key to the factory, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice partitioning shapes and expressing portions as factions. Students add their answers to the Candy Factory Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students travel to various floors of their factory while making these delicious treats and mastering key mathematics skills! This resource is a great engaging and low prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Candy Factory Decoding Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Candy Factory Decoding Tool and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a candy factory storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing several standards-based mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Candy Factory-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of partitioning shapes and identifying fractions.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
3rd Grade Partitions and Fractions Candy Factory Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Candy Man Invitation Letter
- Challenge #1: Partition shapes to make the marshmallows.
- Challenge #2: Partition shapes to make the cotton candy.
- Challenge #3: Identify fractions to make the fun-size chocolate.
- Challenge #4: Identify fractions to make the sprinkles.
- Keys to the Factory Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 2nd and 4th grade versions but with problems and skills at a 3rd grade level.
Categorize Shapes Geometry Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Time Machine Math Time Problems Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 3rd Grade
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 2nd & 3rd
There are no reviews yet.