Measurement Conversions Time Machine Math Escape Room & Webscape™ – 4th Grade
⭐ This 4th grade math escape room aligned to 4.MD.A.2 is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of time traveling enthusiasts! Students navigate their way through the time stream by completing challenges to help recover items left behind by a time traveler. To repair the time stream, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice word problems involving distance, time intervals, liquid volumes, masses, and money. Students add their answers to the Time Machine Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students recover items used for each step on their way to solving this crime. This resource is a great engaging and low prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Time Machine Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Time Machine Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a time traveler storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing several standards-based mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Time travel themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of time telling, distance, volume, mass measurement, and money.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep.: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
4th Grade Time Machine Math Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Time Traveler Mission Letter
- Challenge #1: Solve the time problems to find the book
- Challenge #2: Solve the distance problems to find the smartphone
- Challenge #3: Solve the volume and mass problems to find the fidget spinner
- Challenge #4: Solve the money problems to find the Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Time Traveler Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 3rd grade version but with problems and skills at a 4th grade level.
Sherlock Holmes Math Word Problem Escape Room – 4th
Lucky’s Map Math Escape Room – 4th
Comprehension Review Escape Room – 4th & 5th
Main Idea Wizarding Escape Room – 4th & 5th
There are no reviews yet.