Yeti Winter Reading Comprehension Escape Room – 6th-8th
⛄ Put your students’ reading comprehension skills to the test as they track the Yeti in this fun winter escape room activity. This printable and digital resource for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade contains custom videos, original passages, and skill focused questions that are perfect for practicing a combination of fiction and nonfiction skills in a meaningful way.
❄️ Your students will embark on a journey through the Himalayas as they complete four challenges that will put their reading comprehension skills to the test. Students unlock clues as they read texts and answer multiple-choice reading comprehension questions.
✨ But that’s not all! To unlock the secret code and complete each challenge, students must use The Yowling Yeti’s Decoder, a powerful tool that will guide them on their quest. With each completed challenge, students will earn clues that will help them find animals to add to their scrapbooks. Will they add the infamous Yeti? Or will it get away?
Join us on this enchanting journey and watch as your students traverse the Himalayas to find the infamous Yeti!
⭐ This reading comprehension review escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Interactive Digital Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Yeti Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a fun back story come together to engage students while developing and reviewing reading comprehension skills.
*Please note: The printable version includes QR codes for videos hosted on YouTube. If you plan on using the printable format, please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube. The videos are embedded in the Webscape version, so it does not require access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape digital and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each reading comprehension question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Dynamic challenges and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each reading passage and question set was chosen and written to focus on key skills to review important reading comprehension skills.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: The Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
Track the Yeti Escape Room – Middle School Reading Comprehension Activity
- Yeti Themed Story
- Passages and Question Sets
- Integrated Storytelling Videos
- Challenge Complete Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
- Black Line & Color Versions
Digital Version Links
- Webscape Link for Interactive Browser Based Experience