Lines of Symmetry Baking Math Escape Room & Webscape™ – 4th Grade
⭐ This 4th grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for a class of baking enthusiasts! Students practice identifying and drawing lines of symmetry and making symmetric shapes as they navigate their way out of trouble with some tough criminals. Students complete several baking challenges to help prove their skills and be let go by the boss. To become a confectionary master, students complete four unique math standards-based challenges. The challenges require students to practice identifying and drawing lines of symmetry and making symmetric shapes. Students add their answers to the Baking Decoding Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. Students bake four delicious treats to satisfy the criminals and master key math skills! This resource is a great engaging and low prep activity with printable and digital versions included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in digital and print formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Baking Decoding Tool is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Baking Decoding Tool and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a baking storyline come together to engage students while developing and enforcing several standards-based mathematics skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Webscape, Google, and print versions make this resource perfect for any classroom. The digital version can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each mathematical question in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Baking themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of identifying and drawing lines of symmetry and making symmetric shapes. Aligned to 4.G.A.3.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
4th Grade Lines of Symmetry Math Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Cookie Criminal Mission Letter
- Challenge #1: Identify Lines of Symmetry
- Challenge #2: Identify Lines of Symmetry
- Challenge #3: Draw Lines of Symmetry
- Challenge #4: Make Symmetrical Shapes
- Escape the Boss Certificate
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
- Webscape Link
Please Note: This escape room is similar to the 5th grade version but with problems and skills at a 4th grade level.