Measurement Line Plot Haunted Train Math Escape Room & Webscape™ – 3rd Grade
⭐ This measurement line plots 3rd grade math escape room is a truly immersive experience and themed perfectly for Halloween! Students complete challenges to help the conductor attend to the passengers. To complete these challenges students work through four math problem sets where they practice generating measurement data by measuring lengths using rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch. Show the data by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in appropriate units-whole numbers, halves, or quarters. Students add their answers to the Haunted Train Trip Decoder Tool to help them unlock the secret codes and complete each challenge. This resource is highly engaging and a low prep activity with printable and digital formats both included!
⭐ This math escape room comes in the following digital and printable formats.
- Webscape™ Format – This web-based format provides the most interactive and immersive experience possible. It is self directed, self correcting, and contains audio. You can check out my video overview here. You won’t believe how engaging this format is until you try it!
- Google Format – Students complete the exercises in Google Slides. The Haunted Train Trip Decoder is a Google Sheet that self-corrects and tells each student when they can continue to the next challenge.
- Printable Format – Students can use any device to scan QR codes to watch the videos. If no device is available, students can skip the videos and still enjoy the exercise. Students use a printable Haunted Train Trip Decoder and answer sheet to decipher the clues and track their answers.
⭐ Integrated videos, thematic items, and a storyline come together to engage students while developing, enforcing, and reviewing measurement line plots skills.
*Please note: This does include embedded videos that are hosted via YouTube. Please ensure you and your students have access to YouTube.
✏️ Digital & Printable Versions – Google Slides/Forms and print formats make this resource perfect for classroom and distance learning. The digital format can be used dynamically in the classroom as a presentation while students complete each passage and question set in groups or individually.
✏️ Immersive Experience: Horror-themed, dynamic challenges, and engaging videos provide positive reinforcement and keep students engaged and focused.
✏️Skill Focused: Each question set was written to focus on the key mathematics skills of line plots.
✏️Scaffolded Challenges: Challenges increase in difficulty as students progress through the escape room.
✏️No Prep/ Low Prep: Digital version requires NO PREP. The printable version is low prep: Just print the pages, place them in folders, and go. The printable version has the option to incorporate technology and videos through QR codes.
3rd Grade Measurement Line Plot “Haunted Train” Escape Room
- Print and Digital Directions
- Challenge #1: Answer the measurement questions to earn the steamer trunk from the ghost.
- Challenge #2: Answer the measurement questions to earn the hatbox from the witch.
- Challenge #3: Answer line plot questions to earn the suitcases from the skeletons.
- Challenge #4: Answer line plot questions to earn the key to the werewolf crate.
- Ooops Cards
- Recording Brochure
- Answer Key
Digital Version Links
- Google Slides Link for Digital Escape Room
- Google Forms Link for Decoding Tool
Take a closer look at what this resource looks like in this video preview.